I am an unashamedly massive Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. Buffy’s awesome; she’s a strong woman and she’s my role model. Here are five reasons why:
- She can defend herself. You don’t see Buffy running off screaming or being victimised like most females depicted in the horror genre (okay, so BTVS can also be categorised as comedy, action, romance, drama and possibly even musical but you know what I mean).
- She has plenty of her own problems but is able to stay focused enough to get on with her day job and continually save the world.
- She’s a great leader; she makes hard decisions that other people don’t want to for the greater good and she mentors and empowers a whole army of potential female slayers, sharing her knowledge and skills with them.
- She is friends with other strong women, who make as many mistakes and have as many problems as she does but they always overcome them.
- She wears stylish yet affordable clothes (’90s style is so back in fashion!).
What’s not to love?!